Attention ladies and gentlemen. I would like to make an announcement (*tap*tap* ... Is this thing on?) 70 years ago, today, the world became a little bit of a better place because that was the day my Mimi was born. I would like to take this time to wish her a happy birthday! so...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMI!!
(She would be the drop dead gorgeous one on the right...Though, my Papa Glenn aint so bad himself!) Can I just ask you, have you ever seen a more beautiful grandmother in your whole entire life?? (Okay, maybe I'm a little biased... but still.... BEAUTIFUL!)
This woman is the closest thing to a saint I have ever met. I know... you've heard that saying before and it has almost become a cliche'. But I am serious folks.
I am going to give you the
TOP 10 REASONS WHY MY MIMI IS THE BEST GRANDMOTHER EVER:
1. She is a Wonderful Christian woman who lives her life as if Jesus was hanging out next to her every single day. This woman has a special place in Heaven... let me tell you!
2. She taught me how good peanut butter and celery/apples/bananas can be and how popcorn is a great afternoon snack because she has always been a healthy eater. This is something that she wanted to instill in her grandchildren at an early age.
3. She was the first roll model in my life that taught me the importance of fitness. She walks/bikes and always has. She used to take me with her all the time when I would spend weeks with her in the summer.
4. She has the most beautiful skin EVER. Wrinkles are completely debatable when it comes to my Mimi and it is because of her healthy lifestyle and the incredible care she gives to her face.
5. She was health-conscience before being health-conscience was cool. Period.
6. You can see the love she feels for my Papa Glenn in her eyes just with the mention of his name... and she's felt this way for over 50 years!
7. She was an amazing mother and raised my hero to be the man that he is today... just like her. All the characteristics that he has, that I aspire to have, she taught him by example.
8. She has always made me feel like I am the most important grandchild to her... and I know she has made the other 6 feel this way as well.
9. I have a passion for history that was instilled in me through her because of all of the historical places she used to bring me to and all the stories she and my grandma used to tell me.
10. Oh who am I kidding.... I can't narrow down just 10!!!!! So here goes....
She has a green thumb and knows how to grow beautiful flowers, she has beautiful hair, she makes a birthday cake for Jesus every Christmas day for the kids, she loves her husband, children, family, friends but above all else - she loves God, she loves chickens and even raised them for a while, she was the quintessential teacher and still is... even though she doesn't get paid for it anymore, She has inspired me to have a rooster inspired kitchen... just so that I can be more like her, She is an amazing daughter and sister... always taking care of everyone, She introduced me to My Fair Lady - My most favorite movie, She has the best laugh ever. Period, She is an avid bird watcher and can name the weirdest birds in the sky... who does that?!, She is a great friend and has shown me that friendships absolutely can last for 40+ years, She is the definition of class... By far, the classiest woman I have ever seen. I aspire to be just like her when I grow up!
I love my Mimi sooooo much and I hope she has had the most wonderful birthday yet!!